KENYA YMCA AQUATIC CENTRE
We are open 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month and 12 months a year:
∙ Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am- 7:00pm
∙ Tuesday and Thursday – 7:00am- 5:00pm
∙ Weekends and public holidays- 10:00am- 5:00pm
∙Leisure swimming: Weekday- kes 200
∙Leisure swimming: Weekend and public holidays- kes 300
In our strategic plan we want to fully transform the Aquatic Centre into an Aquatic training institute to be a Centre of Aquatic research and excellence. This is due to the many certificate training courses that we offer amidst recreational swimming. Some of the courses offered at the Centre include:
1. Lifesaving course. – This is a training for Interested swimmers to understand how to prevent injuries at any aquatic body and respond to emergencies when they occur. The training takes place over a period of 6 months with two intakes in a year i.e January & July.
2. Basic Instructor Course- Two days training for certified lifeguards who want to learn how to train others on how to swim.
3. Pool maintenance course- One-day training for lifeguards to understand water treatment and how to maintain a clean pool. This entails chemical application and mechanical processes of maintaining the pool.
4. Aquatic First Aid- 3-5 days training for lifeguards on how to respond to emergencies when they occur within the swimming pool area.
5. Basic water safety- An orientation safety course to any swimmer on how to survive in water. Basic water safety is a one-month training that is relevant to anyone who works in professions that might expose them to drowning hazard such as cabin crews in the air travel industries and blue economy, Hotel and leisure resorts. Or as a life skill.
6. Swimming coaching course- For Lifeguards and instructors who want to understand swimming coaching to prepare swimmers for competitions. The course is split into two Level 1 and level 2.
7. Open water/ beach Lifesaving and SCUBA Training- For those who want to be beach lifeguards or water front lifeguards especially those seeking employment overseas.
8. Kenya YMCA Swimming academy- A talent based swimming training for young swimmers in readiness for swimming competitions. The program takes place only on weekends Saturday and Sunday but during school holidays four days in a week.
9. Learn to swim- A one-month training program for beginners.
10. Leisure swimming- Spend the day with us and enjoy the cool clean environment in the heart of Nairobi CBD. Weekdays kes 200 and weekends kes 300.
11. Swimming sports- water polo and swim team for organized swimming groups and corporates.
12. Corporate swimming for corporates and schools 13.Baptism venue for churches 14.Fitness swimming- for those who want to keep in shape and explore fitness through swimming.
15. Internship and industrial attachments- especially those students pursuing sports and recreation-related courses.
16. Photography venue and hiring for the swimming pool for occasions such as private galas and poolside dinners.